Healthy Eating Quiz
1. Chicken without skin is the leanest of those choices
2. Whole wheat bread, less than 1 gram of fat per serving
3. Pumpkin pie, pie crusts usually have hydrogenated oils which are trans fat
4. Guacamole, as it is made out of avocados, a monounsaturated fat which is a healthier fat
5. Whipped butter, as it is made out of saturated fat
6. Tomato juice, which has about 680 mg in just an 8 ounce cup
7. Walnuts, as they are not an animal source. Cholesterol is found only in foods from animal sources
8. White rice. Although rice is a grain, it is refined since the grain is stripped and is not a whole grain
9. Keep cholesterol intake under 300 mg a day. Under 200 mg a day is recommended for persons with heart disease or an ldl cholesterol of 100mg/dl or above.
10. Avoid as much as possible, partially hydrogenated fats are trans fats.